Affiliation: Department of Clinical, Neuro and Developmental Psychology, Amsterdam Public Health research institute, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Pim Cuijpers. Ph.D. is full professor of Clinical Psychology at the Department of Clinical, Neuro and Developmental Psychology, Amsterdam Public Health research institute, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands. He is also director of the WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Dissemination of Psychological Interventions in Amsterdam. He is specialised in conducting randomised controlled trials and meta-analyses on prevention and psychological treatments of common mental disorders across the life span. Much of his work is aimed at prevention of mental disorders, psychological treatments of depression and anxiety disorders, and Internet-delivered treatments. He has also published on several other research topics, including global mental health, student mental health, and psycho-oncology. Pim Cuijpers has published more than 1,050 peer-reviewed papers, chapters, reports and professional publications, including more than 800 papers in international peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Fields of interest/specialization:randomised controlled trials and meta-analyses on prevention and psychological treatments of common mental disorders.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=N08XHUAAAAAJ&hl=en
- Overweight, obesity, and depression: a systematic review and meta-analysis of longitudinal studies FS Luppino, LM de Wit, PF Bouvy, T Stijnen, P Cuijpers, BWJH Penninx, … Archives of general psychiatry 67 (3), 220-229 4043 2010
- Internet-based cognitive behaviour therapy for symptoms of depression and anxiety: a meta-analysis V Spek, PIM Cuijpers, I Nyklíček, H Riper, J Keyzer, V Pop Psychological medicine 37 (3), 319-328 1922 2007
- Computer therapy for the anxiety and depressive disorders is effective, acceptable and practical health care: a meta-analysis G Andrews, P Cuijpers, MG Craske, P McEvoy, N Titov PloS one 5 (10), e13196 1568 2010
- Internet-based and other computerized psychological treatments for adult depression: a meta-analysis G Andersson, P Cuijpers Cognitive behaviour therapy 38 (4), 196-205 1513 2009
- Psychotherapy for depression in adults: a meta-analysis of comparative outcome studies. P Cuijpers, A Van Straten, G Andersson, P Van Oppen Journal of consulting and clinical psychology 76 (6), 909 1296 2008