The STAR-UBB Institute is lead by a Board, composed of the UBB rector and UBB vice-chancellors.
The rector of UBB (Acad. prof. univ. dr. Ioan-Aurel Pop) leads the Board of STAR-UBB Institute, and the vice-chancellor responsible for research (Prof. univ. dr. Daniel David) is the executive director of the institute. Part of the STAR-UBB Institute Board is also the UBB Senate president (Prof. univ. dr. Ioan Chirilă), as an observer.
The Scientific Council of UBB serves as an academic consulting forum for the STAR-UBB Institute Board. The activities of STAR-UBB Institute are in accordance to the UBB’s Administration Board and Senate procedures.
International academic personalities, particularly the ones who received the Doctor Honoris Causa title of UBB, were invited to take part in an International Consulting Board, which has the function of delivering (a) suggestions for the performance and development of STAR-UBB Institute and (b) international evaluation once every 4 years, on the basis of a STAR-UBB Institute’s Board report.
- Professor, Ph.D., Jurgen Heinze, University of Regensburg, Germany
- Professor, Ph.D, Harald Heppner, University of Graz, Austria
- Professor, Ph.D., Zoltan Horvath, Eotvos Lorand University, Hungary
- Professor, Ph.D., Irving Kirsch, Harvard Medical School, USA
- Professor, Ph.D., Jean-Marie Lehn, University of Strasbourg, France
- Professor, Ph.D., Eric Maskin, Harvard University, USA
- Dr. Carole Neves, Smithsonian Institution, USA
- Professor, Ph.D., Ariel Pakes, Harvard University, USA