The UBB Strategic Research Infrastructure – the UBB rPlatform – includes:
- Research units (research, development, and innovation) – smart specialization and complex/transerval type, institutionally accredited, that carry out postdoctoral research, advanced research, and advanced study programs.
- Internationally competitive apparatus located in various research units of the university, which can be accessed by outside-unit researchers.
- Coordinators: Professor Daniel David, Ph.D., UBB vice-chancellor, and the Scientific Council of UBB, in collaboration with Professor Mihaela Luţaş, Ph.D., and Associate professor, Cristian Litan, Ph.D., UBB vice-chancellors (to strengthen the knowledge transfer and relationship within the socio-economic area)
UBB, as a comprehensive university, the largest one in Romania, has more than 100+ research units (e.g., laboratories/centers), but only 54 are accredited by the Scientific Council of UBB (2016) as of strategic interest (centers/institutes), based on transparent and rigorous procedures. Among them, 16 are excellence research units (according to the decision of the Scientific Council of UBB in 2016), consequently an integrated part of the distributed network excellence units:
- INSTITUTE FOR INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH IN BIO-NANO-SCIENCE/INSTITUTUL DE CERCETĂRI INTERDISCIPLINARE ÎN BIO-NANO-ȘTIINȚE (director: Dr. S. Şimon)
- INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED STUDIES IN APPLIED PSYCHOTHERAPY AND MENTAL HEALTH/INSTITUTUL INTERNAȚIONAL DE STUDII AVANSATE IN PSIHOTERAPIE ȘI SĂNĂTATE MINTALĂ APLICATĂ (director: Dr. A. Dobrean)
- EUROPEAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE/INSTITUTUL DE CERCETĂRI EUROPENE (director: Dr. N. Păun)
- ION LUPAS RESEARCH INSTITUTE/INSTITUTUL DE CERCETĂRI IOAN LUPAȘ (director: Dr. I. Chirilă)
- IOAN URSU PHYSICS INSTITUTE/INSTITUTUL DE FIZICĂ IOAN URSU (director: Dr. A. Pop)
- CENTER FOR SYSTEMIC BIOLOGY, BIODIVERSITY, AND BIORESOURCES/CENTRUL DE BIOLOGIE SISTEMICĂ, BIODIVERSITATE ŞI BIORESURSE (3B) (director: Dr. Keresztes Lujza)
- CENTER FOR RESEARCH IN APPLIED ANALYSIS/CENTRUL DE CERCETARE ANALIZĂ APLICATĂ (director: Dr. R. Precup)
- CENTER FOR INTEGRATED GEOLOGICAL RESEARCH/CENTRUL DE CERCETĂRI GEOLOGICE INTEGRATE (director: Dr. S. Filipescu)
- CENTER FOR RESEARCH IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION/CENTRUL DE CERCETARE ÎN ADMINISTRAȚIA PUBLICĂ (director: Dr. R. Antonie)
- CENTER FOR COMPUTER ASSISTED RESEARCH IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING/CENTRUL DE CERCETARE ÎN DOMENIUL INGINERIEI CHIMICE ASISTATE DE CALCULATOR (director: Dr. Ş. Agachi)
- CENTER FOR RESEARCH IN COMPUTER SCIENCE APPLIED IN ECONOMICS/CENTRUL DE CERCETĂRI ÎN INFORMATICĂ ECONOMICĂ (director: Dr. G. Silaghi)
- CENTER FOR SUPRAMOLECULAR ORGANIC AND ORGANOMETALLIC CHEMISTRY/CENTRUL DE CHIMIE SUPRAMOLECULARĂ ORGANICĂ ȘI ORGANOMETALICĂ (director: Dr. C. Silvestru)
- CENTER FOR APPLIED PHILOSOPHY/CENTRUL DE FILOSOFIE APLICATĂ (director: Dr. K. Veress)
- CENTER FOR APPLIED AND FUNDAMENTAL CHEMISTRY/METALOMICA/CENTRUL DE HETEROCHIMIE FUNDAMENTALĂ ȘI APLICATĂ /METALOMICA (director: Dr. L. Silaghi-Dumitrescu)
- CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF POPULATIONS/CENTRUL DE STUDIERE A POPULAȚIEI (director: Dr. I. Bolovan)
- PHANTASMA CENTER/CENTRU PHANTASMA (director: Dr. C. Braga)
Note: The first two listed research units have a multi-, inter- and transdisciplinary (complex) profile.
The research equipment is internationally competitive, it is located in various research units, and can be accessed by outside-unit researchers.
Using STAR-UBB Institute, the university supports the Strategic Research Infrastructure – UBB-rPlatform (the regulation and the type of support can be accessed HERE).