STAR-UBB Institute aims to increase the competitiveness of UBB at all its levels: (1) education (e.g., teaching and learning), (2) research, and (3) services to the community (cognitive and technology transfer/innovation and outreach).
The main instrument of the Office for Technological and Cognitive Management and Transfer of the UBB (OMTTC).
The UBB4Society&Economy Program is the first program of the OMTTC targeting: (1) patent transference in society/economy (UBBInvent); (2) Developing antreprenorial skills for UBB students; and (3) patenting and innovative services development (e.g., including start-ups and spin-off development, educational accelerators/incubators).
Some of the recent UBB advanced partnership with society/economy (knowledge transfer/innovation):
- UBB-NTT Data Advanced Fellowship: Dr. Loredana Mihalca, UBB, Research Fellow
- UBB-EON Advanced Fellowship: Dr. Silviu Matu (coordinator) et al., UBB, Senior assistant professor
- UBB-AEGON Advanced Fellowship: Dr. Silviu Matu, UBB, Senior assistant professor
- UBB-Intesa Sanpaolo Bank Advanced Fellowship: Dr. Arthur Freeman & Dr. Oana David (to the International Coaching Institute of UBB, for innovative coaching reseach/services)
- UBB-NTT Data: Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science (Transilvania 100+ Project)
- UBB-IT&C ACCESA: Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science