Affiliation: The Institute of Biological Research Cluj, Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
Fields of interest/specialization: Genomics, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Gene families, Gene expression, Gene expression regulation, Heterosis, Maize hybrids, Maize local germplasm.
I hold a PhD degree in Plant Molecular Biology from Rutgers University (PhD advisor – Dr. Joachim Messing). After graduating (2011), I returned to Romania. During a six-month postdoc at the University of Bern in Dr. Rémy Bruggmann’s group (2015), I’ve started my bioinformatics training. My lab does basic and applied research, using maize as a model system. We have recently genotyped (i.e., GBS) the available maize germplasm in Romania and close neighbours, including the Rep. of Moldova, as one of the main breeding grounds for the former USSR (more than 2,300 inbred lines and 475 OPVs), and are currently collaborating with breeders to assist them in the breeding efforts. Our basic research is mainly focused on using maize cytolines to study nuclear gene expression and anterograde/retrograde signalling.
Curriculum Vitae: Miclăuș_CV
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.ro/citations?user=qlTbMDMAAAAJ&hl=ro
- Miclaus, M., Balacescu, O., Has, I., Balacescu, L., Has, V., Suteu, D., Neuenschwander, S., Keller, I., and Bruggmann, R. Maize Cytolines Unmask Key Nuclear Genes That Are under the Control of Retrograde Signaling Pathways in Plants, Genome Biology and Evolution, doi:10.1093/gbe/evw245 Advance Access publication October 3, 2016
- Xu, J. -H., Wang, R., Li, X., Miclăuş, M., Messing, J. Locus- and Site-Specific DNA Methylation of 19 kDa Zein Genes in Maize, PLoS One, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0146416, 2016
- Șuteu, D., Băcilă, I., Haș, V., Haș, I., Miclăuș, M. Romanian Maize (Zea mays) Inbred Lines as a Source of Genetic Diversity in SE Europe, and Their Potential in Future Breeding Efforts, PLoS One 8(12): e85501. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0085501, 2013
- Miclaus, M., Wu, Y., Xu, J-H., Dooner, H. K., and Messing, J. The Maize High-lysine Mutant opaque7 is Defective in an acyl-CoA Synthetase-like Protein. Genetics, 10.1534/genetics.111.133918, 2011.
- Miclaus, M., Xu, J-H., and Messing, J. Differential Gene Expression and Epiregulation of Alpha Zein Gene Copies in Maize Haplotypes. PLoS Genetics, 7(6): e1002131. doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1002131, 2011.