Affiliation: School of Geosciences, Univ. South Florida, USA
Fields of interest/specialization: Geology, reconstructing sea-level, climate and paleoenvironmental change.
Prof. Bogdan P. Onac is an internationally recognized cave geologist whose research interests center on reconstructing sea-level, climate and paleoenvironmental changes using speleothems, ice, and guano from various cave and karst deposits. He employs mineralogy, stable and radiogenic isotope geochemistry to answer his research questions. Onac’s publishing record includes over 150 articles and 10 books.
Curriculum Vitae: Onac_CV
- Onac, B.P., Baumann, S.M., Parmenter, D.S., Weaver, E., Sava, T.B. 2020: Late Holocene droughts and cave ice harvesting by Ancestral Puebloans. Scientific Reports, 10: 20131. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-76988-1
- Dumitru, O.A., Austermann, J., Polyak, V.J., Fornós, J.J., Asmerom, Y., Ginés, J., Ginés, A., Onac, B.P*. 2019: Constraints on global mean sea level during Pliocene warmth. Nature, 574: 233-236. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41586-019-1543-2
- Ponta, G.M.L, Onac, B.P. (Eds.) 2019: Cave and karst systems of Romania. Springer International, Cham, 544 p. https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319907451
- Polyak, V.J., Onac, B.P., Fornós, J.J., Asmerom, Y., Hay, C., Dorale, J.A., Ginés, J. Tuccimei, P., Ginés, A. 2018: A highly resolved record of relative sea-level in the western Mediterranean Sea during the Last Interglacial period. Nature Geoscience, 11: 860-864. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41561-018-0222-5
- Dorale, J.A., Onac, B.P*., Fornós, J.J., Ginés, J., Ginés, A., Tuccimei, P., Peate, D.W. 2010: Sea-level highstand 81,000 years ago in Mallorca. Science, 327: 860-863. https://www.science.org/doi/full/10.1126/science.1181725
*corresponding author / equal contribution